- The part of a roof that meets or overhangs the walls of a building.More example sentences
- Flying above all this are the wide overhanging eaves of the low slope timber roofs.
- Its features include floors raised off the ground and steeply pitched roofs with deep overhanging eaves.
- To accomplish this smoothly, place a straight edge down the slope of the roof overhanging the eave.
Old English efes (singular); of Germanic origin; related to German dialect Obsen, also probably to over.
More definitions of eavesDefinition of eaves in:
- The British & World English dictionary