verb[with object] (usually as adjective ebonized)
- Make (furniture) look like ebony: an ebonized casketMore example sentences
- An example is the suite of ebonized furniture he made for John Taylor Johnston about 1860.
- Several lots will appeal to those with a taste for Continental ebonised furniture.
- The gadrooned column and lobed bun feet of the games table illustrated in Figure 5 are typical of the heavy silhouettes associated with the late 1820s and the 1830s, and the use of ebony or ebonized wood emphasizes these elements.
More definitions of ebonizeDefinition of ebonize in:
- The British & World English dictionary