- A striptease performer.More example sentences
- Who can blame that fabled celebrity connoisseur of ecdysiasts for wearing a mask when he dropped in for a spot of ale at his favorite London strip club?
- Our favorite ‘intense’ (read: creepy) actor is an aficionado of ecdysiasts.
- Consider the time I had a Swedish house guest, a woman who would later go on to become one of Key West's most popular ecdysiasts.
1940: coined by H. L. Mencken from Greek ekdusis 'shedding', on the pattern of enthusiast.
More definitions of ecdysiastDefinition of ecdysiast in:
- The British & World English dictionary