Definition of echinoid in English:
An echinoderm of the class Echinoidea; a sea urchin.
- Fossils include foraminiferans, brachiopods, echinoids, pelecypods, cephalopods, shark teeth, fish vertebrae, as well as asteroids, gastropods, a pterosaur, a nodosaurid, and decapods.
- We have interpreted it as a synapomorphy for asteroids, ophiuroids, echinoids, and holothuroids, to the exclusion of the crinoids.
- Sponges are preyed upon by gastropods, polychaetes, asteroids, echinoids, turtles, and fishes.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting echinoids.
- Seven horizons of echinoid aggregations, totaling approximately 3 % of the channel thickness, occur in the black shale.
- In the echinoid gene order, the tRNA gene cluster follows the putative control region.
- This implies that the ancestral polarity of the 4.6-kb inversion is the echinoid pattern.
Words that rhyme with echinoidcrinoid
Definition of echinoid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan