Definition of eco-activist in English:
A person engaged in vigorous social or political campaigns whose aim is to prevent damage to the environment: according to eco-activists, many of these coastal fish farms are plagued by disease and pollution
More example sentences
- It is not only radical writers and eco-activists who have stoked up fears of unknown risks.
- In fact the term 'earthlings' is probably preferable to 'human beings' in the language of eco-activists.
- Despite scant media attention, eco-activists have been conducting semi-legal campaigns up and down the country.
- Example sentences
- This involves Greenpeace-type eco-activism on the high seas coupled with political intrigue.
- While it was in the opposition, the party served as a sort of umbrella group for various causes traditionally associated with left-leaning politics, such as the land-rights movement and eco-activism.
- She has been active in spiritually based eco-activism for over 30 years.
Definition of eco-activist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.