Definition of eco-labeling in English:
The practice of marking products with a distinctive label to show that their manufacture conforms to recognized environmental standards.
- Another method of raising environmental standards is through eco-labelling.
- Planned developments in Integrated Production Policy will mean that tools such as eco-labelling and environmental management systems will be driving forces for companies in every sector of the economy.
- But it is still hoping for agreement on eco-labelling so that consumers can be informed about the environmental impact of the products they buy - but it is finding opposition from other countries.
- Example sentences
- Even eco-labels designating a product that's been sustainably grown or harvested could be construed as ‘trade barriers’ for discriminating against the method of production.
- A number of eco-labels are not administered by the federal government, but instead are governed by trustworthy independent verification boards that should ensure that the food is produced a certain way.
- Within a few years, there were a half-dozen flower eco-labels in Europe, Colombia and most recently Ecuador - but none took hold with American consumers.
Definition of eco-labeling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan