1The branch of biology that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings.
More example sentences
- Masters and doctoral programs feature ecosystem ecology courses in restoration.
- It always interested me why that happened, and why it happened at the same time that the science of ecology was born.
- The emphasis is on horticultural aspects of reproductive biology and pollination ecology.
- More example sentences
- Both conservation biologists and behavioral ecologists should care greatly about integrating their fields.
- The plan is signed by eminent ecologists and conservationists from around the world.
- When I say we, I mean I identify myself with environmentalists and ecologists.
Definition of ecology in:
- The British & World English dictionary