Definition of ecology in English:
1The branch of biology that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings.
- Masters and doctoral programs feature ecosystem ecology courses in restoration.
- It always interested me why that happened, and why it happened at the same time that the science of ecology was born.
- The emphasis is on horticultural aspects of reproductive biology and pollination ecology.
- Example sentences
- Both conservation biologists and behavioral ecologists should care greatly about integrating their fields.
- The plan is signed by eminent ecologists and conservationists from around the world.
- When I say we, I mean I identify myself with environmentalists and ecologists.
Definition of ecology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan