- Negotiations have been complicated by court rulings over economic policy.
- The two political leaders conduct their argument on the margins of economic policy.
- Getting the public finances back into balance must be a key objective of economic policy.
- Economics and lessons from economic history suggest that this may well be the case.
- This book can be used with profit to grasp the essentials of British financial and economic history in these years.
- Ethnic relations in Saint Lucia are a product of the economic history of the island.
- The recipe of conditions that will make collaboration economic must have not yet come together.
- It is, of course, part of the problem that we do not have an economic immigration policy.
late Middle English: via Old French and Latin from Greek oikonomikos, from oikonomia (see economy). Originally a noun, the word denoted household management or a person skilled in this, hence the early sense of the adjective (late 16th century) 'relating to household management' Modern senses date from the mid 19th century.
Economic means ‘concerning economics’: he’s rebuilding a solid economic base for the country’s future. Economical is commonly used to mean ‘thrifty, avoiding waste’: small cars should be inexpensive to buy and economical to run.