- Negotiations have been complicated by court rulings over economic policy.
- The two political leaders conduct their argument on the margins of economic policy.
- Getting the public finances back into balance must be a key objective of economic policy.
- Economics and lessons from economic history suggest that this may well be the case.
- This book can be used with profit to grasp the essentials of British financial and economic history in these years.
- Ethnic relations in Saint Lucia are a product of the economic history of the island.
- The recipe of conditions that will make collaboration economic must have not yet come together.
- It is, of course, part of the problem that we do not have an economic immigration policy.
Economic means ‘concerning economics’: he’s rebuilding a solid economic base for the country’s future. Economical is commonly used to mean ‘thrifty, avoiding waste’: small cars should be inexpensive to buy and economical to run.
Late Middle English: via Old French and Latin from Greek oikonomikos, from oikonomia (see economy). Originally a noun, the word denoted household management or a person skilled in this, hence the early sense of the adjective (late 16th century) 'relating to household management' Modern senses date from the mid 19th century.
Words that rhyme with economicagronomic, astronomic, atomic, comic, ergonomic, gastronomic, metronomic, palindromic, physiognomic, subatomic, taxonomic, tragicomic
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.