- 1A biological community of interacting organisms and their physical environment.More example sentences
- However, common species play pivotal roles in ecosystems, providing habitats and food for our fauna.
- However, there is also substitutability between organisms in an ecosystem.
- That was the first time I got to spend a lot of intimate time in a marine ecosystem.
- 1.1(In general use) a complex network or interconnected system: Silicon Valley’s entrepreneurial ecosystem the entire ecosystem of movie and video production will eventually go digitalMore example sentences
- Successful entrepreneurs who are willing to invest time and money to support the next generation of start-ups are a vital part of the ecosystem and very complementary to the established venture capital funds.
- Earlier this year, in talking about the changing nature of sports reporting, one of the things we mentioned was that you shouldn't count out players themselves as a part of that ecosystem, since they could now go direct to fans themselves, without having to talk through a reporter.
- The introduction of this and other electric vehicles will require a vast ecosystem of entrepreneurial businesses.
More definitions of ecosystemDefinition of ecosystem in:
- The British & World English dictionary