Definition of ecoterrorism in English:
1Violence carried out to further environmentalist ends.
- Compared to such violent acts, is ecoterrorism really terrorism?
- The bill would make ecoterrorism and animal rights terrorism punishable by up to 10 years in jail.
- I am stating that there is no difference between ecoterrorism and animal rights terrorism.
- Example sentences
- Locals speculate that the culprits might be anyone from ecoterrorists to local hunters irked about development to disgruntled contractors or even white racists mad about black families moving into the area.
- And, as far as violence by political extremists is concerned, ecoterrorists have carried out at least as many violent attacks as anti-abortion fanatics.
- There had been some concern before the trial that the FBI would get a pass from the jury given the current climate, especially in a case brought by supposed ecoterrorists.
Definition of ecoterrorism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.