- A dish of green soybeans boiled or steamed in their pods.More example sentences
- After that came two ravioli, one stuffed with flat-tasting Japanese edamame, the other with a mixture of ginger and chives.
- At Rue 57, a bustling midtown Manhattan French bistro, along with the hard-boiled eggs displayed on the bar for snacking are salted edamame, a perfect bar nibble.
- Add edamame and sauté until glazed; season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Japanese, literally 'beans on a branch'.
More definitions of edamameDefinition of edamame in:
- The British & World English dictionary