noun (plural eddoes)
- A taro corm or plant, especially of a West Indian variety with many edible cormlets.
More example sentences
- Colocasia esculenta variety antiquorum, family Araceae
- The smaller taro, or eddo, is popular in Caribbean and West African cooking, but wearing gloves when peeling is a necessity as it can irritate the skin.
- The flesh of both the larger taro and eddo is white or cream-colored with pink-purple flecks.
late 17th century: of West African origin.
More definitions of eddoDefinition of eddo in:
- The British & World English dictionary