- A localized electric current induced in a conductor by a varying magnetic field.More example sentences
- When a coil of wire surrounds a ferromagnetic core, like iron, for example, of a transformer, the changing magnetic field induces an eddy current in the core, which happens to be conductive as well.
- The heat supply medium includes a metallic body for induction heating, which is provided with a magnetic field to produce an eddy current.
- When a conducting metal is introduced into this field, an eddy current is induced in the metal.
More definitions of eddy currentDefinition of eddy current in:
- The British & World English dictionary