- A relatively large urban area situated on the outskirts of a city, typically beside a major road.More example sentences
- The Internet has changed the nature of technology and affected which areas, urban or suburban, edge city or edgy neighborhood, best promote technological development.
- Irvine, California, is the epitome of tightly controlled urban design, a squeaky-clean edge city of office parks and master-planned neighborhoods.
- If we ignore that and just concentrate on infill, the edge city will never repair itself.
1991: coined by J. Garreau in a book of the same name.
More definitions of edge cityDefinition of edge city in:
- The British & World English dictionary