- A nematode, especially a small soil nematode that can become a serious pest of crops and ornamental plants.More example sentences
- The eelworm's eggs are watered into the soil, where they hatch and infect slugs, preventing them from feeding.
- The young eelworms make their way to the growing roots of the plant, which they penetrate.
- The microscopic eelworms live and feed within the bulbs and foliage.
More definitions of eelwormDefinition of eelworm in:
- The British & World English dictionary