Definition of eff in English:
Used as a euphemism for “fuck.”.
- Around 4: 45 I think, me and Julia and some other dude stumbled back to her house where I promptly passed the eff out.
- Well, ma'am, what the eff would you know about an American white girl's hair?
- I'd tell you how, except I didn't see it because I was too busy trying to chronicle Ukraine's opener for posterity and being pestered by a fly that's buzzing around my head and won't effing eff the eff off.
1950s: the letter F represented as a word.
eff and blind
- British informal Use vulgar expletives; swear: You can eff and blind all you want; the rules still stand[blind from its use in vulgar imprecations such as blind me (see blimey)]More example sentences
- Far better, then, to get a whole bunch of ordinary people for him to humiliate and eff and blind at instead.
- They never get in trouble when they eff and blind at home.
- He used to eff and blind at me but he was a superb coach.
Definition of eff in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan