- The temperature of an object calculated from the radiation it emits, assuming black-body behavior.More example sentences
- But far from agreeing, the team commented, ‘In fact the effective temperature of a black hole is absolute zero… No radiation could be emitted from the hole.’
- We estimated the corrected effective temperature and wet-bulb globe temperature from these measurements.
- But the effective temperature of the system is the kinetic temperature of random motions of the grains.
More definitions of effective temperatureDefinition of effective temperature in:
- The British & World English dictionary