- 1In such a manner as to achieve a desired result: make sure that resources are used effectivelyMore example sentences
- Although such control is desirable, it is impossible to see how it can be effectively achieved.
- Sulphur dioxide blocks it effectively, in a manner not yet fully understood.
- The more you practice, the better you will get at both asking effectively and getting results.
- 1.1Actually but not officially or explicitly: they were effectively controlled by the people they were supposed to be investigating [sentence adverb]: effectively, this means that companies will be able to avoid regulationsMore example sentences
- Usually the inflammation and pain can be effectively controlled with one or other of these medications.
- This acts as a straitjacket and means that governments effectively lose control of their own economies.
- When that money runs out, the union would effectively come under college control.
More definitions of effectivelyDefinition of effectively in:
- The British & World English dictionary