- 1A newt.More example sentences
- Most migrations of efts reported in the northeastern Unites States occur in both spring and fall (April and May and August to October).
- 1.1 Zoology The juvenile stage of a newt.More example sentences
- Eastern newts have three stages of life: the aquatic larva or tadpole, the red eft or terrestrial juvenile stage, and the aquatic adult.
- These newts are born in the water like most newts, then the red eft emerges from the water and lives on land for a season before returning to the water.
- On a recent pond survey at Logan's Meadow a large number of Eft's have been found.
Old English efeta, of unknown origin. Compare with newt.
More definitions of eftDefinition of eft in:
- The British & World English dictionary