Definition of eggar in English:
A large brownish moth that is often active during the day. The caterpillars typically bear irritant hairs and make an egg-shaped cocoon.
- Many species in the family Lasiocampidae
- I'm fairly sure this is the caterpillar of an oak eggar moth, but I would welcome being corrected.
- The Small Eggar moth is another rarity found only in this part of Shropshire.
- Adult oak eggars are also preyed upon by several birds, particularly black-headed gulls.
Words that rhyme with eggarbeggar, Gregor, mega, Megger
Definition of eggar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.