Definition of eggbeater in English:
1A kitchen utensil used for beating ingredients such as eggs or cream.
- Using an electric egg beater, beat the eggs with the sugar until very fluffy and pale.
- Add the egg and beat well with a wooden masher or with an electric egg beater.
- We have just received new hand-mixers similar to an egg beater, but these are electrical, saving your arm.
1.1North American informal A helicopter.
- I've always wondered about the ‘egg beaters’ flying around.
- Today the eggbeater went into action and the damn thing acted like it had good sense.
- he climbed into the cockpit of the machine and prepared to give them a visual demonstration of what his flying egg-beater could do.
Definition of eggbeater in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia