Definition of ego psychology in English:
A system of psychoanalytic developmental psychology concerned especially with personality.
- Kurtz may be somewhat unfair to ego-psychology, but he appears to me to reduce its approach to the frame to a purely pragmatic, reality based, goal of assisting the patient in effectively scheduling their lives.
- Why was ego psychology so attractive to social work as a profession?
- Assessment in ego psychology partly shifts away from projective techniques toward more objective techniques.
ego psychologist noun
- Example sentences
- Erik Erikson is the best-known example of an ego psychologist.
- The ego psychologist can engage in the continuous analytic pursuit of strengthening and expanding the ego.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan