Definition of Egyptian cobra in English:
A large nocturnal African cobra with a thick body and large head. Also called asp.
- Naja haje, family Elapidae
- She would not live this way, so history says she had an asp, which was an Egyptian cobra, brought to her hidden in a basket of figs.
- Most of them use the hooded cobra, and in Egypt the most popular species is the aggressive Egyptian cobra, which can grow to a length of almost eight feet and looks most impressive when it puffs up its hood.
- By common consent, Cleopatra's ticket to oblivion would have been the Egyptian cobra.
Definition of Egyptian cobra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.