Definition of Egyptian plover in English:
A ploverlike African bird of the courser family, with a striking pattern of black and white over a mainly bluish back and buff-colored underparts. Also called crocodile bird.
- Pluvianus aegyptius, family Glareolidae
- The Egyptian plover buries its egg in sand by day and incubates at night.
- The Egyptian plover is the tooth-cleaner for the crocodile.
- The Egyptian Plover is sometimes called the Crocodile Bird because of the relationship they reportedly have with crocs.
Definition of Egyptian plover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.