- Used to represent a sound made in speech in a variety of situations, in particular to ask for something to be repeated or explained or to elicit agreement: “Eh? What’s this?” “Let’s hope so, eh?”More example sentences
- Can I buy you fellas a beer while Alan and I farm a little, eh?
- ‘Look at that faucet, eh!’ exclaims a mother to her friend.
- He had become hard of hearing and occasionally, with the sound of a distant lawn mower coming from outside, leaned forward to say ‘Eh?
natural utterance: first recorded in English in the mid 16th century.
More definitions of ehDefinition of eh in:
- The British & World English dictionary