- A quantum-mechanical state corresponding to an eigenvalue of a wave equation.More example sentences
- Mathematica aside: it is fairly easy to see that superposing two eigenstates of O corresponding to different eigenvalues will give a state that cannot be a simple eigenstate of O.
- The reader should take note that an important visual component of both images is the representation of the electron eigenstates - wavelike structures - within the corrals.
- You will clearly hear more than you ever wanted to know about wave functions and eigenstates in the course of this book.
More definitions of eigenstateDefinition of eigenstate in:
- The British & World English dictionary