Definition of eighteen in English:
1Equivalent to the product of two and nine; one more than seventeen, or eight more than ten; 18: she wrote eighteen novels out of sixty batches checked, eighteen were incorrect eighteen of the guests were gathered (Roman numeral: xviii or XVIII)
More example sentences
- I paid with a twenty and got seventeen or eighteen dollars in change.
- Seventeen out of eighteen provinces were in open revolt.
- It was submitted that his decision in the claimant's case to extend the period of nine months to eighteen months was a matter of judgement which was within his discretion.
1.1A set or team of eighteen individuals.
- The bunkers were in an unbelievable condition no doubt due to the efforts by the ground keepers on the other eighteen which made them almost unplayable.
- They lost three, including the first of the tour, an innings defeat by a Victorian eighteen.
- This panel was reduced and Aoife found herself in the last eighteen.
Words that rhyme with eighteenAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
Definition of eighteen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.