Definition of eland in English:
A spiral-horned African antelope that lives in open woodland and grassland. It is the largest of the antelopes.
- Genus Taurotragus, family Bovidae: the giant eland (T. derbianus) and the common eland (T. oryx)
- There are antelope species like eland, impala, puku, waterbuck, bushbuck and kudu whereas lion leopard, wild dog and hyaena are also present.
- Across the open grasslands are scattered various members of the antelope family - horned bushbucks, waterbucks, eland, topi, gazelle and impala.
- They are typically graceful, having long legs and horns, and include the eland, wildebeest, gazelle, springbok, hartebeest, impala, etc.
Words that rhyme with elandLeland, Wieland, Zealand, Zeeland
Definition of eland in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.