Definition of elasmobranch in English:
A cartilaginous fish of a group that comprises the sharks, rays, and skates. Compare with selachian.
- Subclass Elasmobranchii, class Chondrichthyes
- However, the presence of modulation in feeding among the elasmobranchs (sharks, skates, and rays) has not been extensively studied.
- Like other elasmobranchs (sharks and rays), skates are vulnerable to overfishing because they mature late.
- Additional comments are made below regarding the distribution of epipelagic, mesopelagic, and benthopelagic elasmobranchs and teleosts in the upwelling assemblages.
Definition of elasmobranch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan