- The ratio of the force exerted upon a substance or body to the resultant deformation.More example sentences
- A linear statics analysis, for example, will require an elastic modulus, Poisson's ratio and perhaps a density for each material.
- But like the body waves, surface waves give ratios of elastic moduli to density.
- The instantaneous and equilibrium elastic moduli and the apparent viscosity of the cell were significantly decreased by hypoosmotic stress, but were unchanged by hyperosmotic stress.
More definitions of elastic modulusDefinition of elastic modulus in:
- The British & World English dictionary