Definition of elastomer in English:
A natural or synthetic polymer having elastic properties, e.g., rubber.
- More recently, surrounds have been made from polymer foam, synthetic elastomers, or polymer composites.
- Unlike diene and saturated elastomers, thermoplastic elastomers are physically, rather than chemically, cross-linked.
- World consumption of natural rubber in 1996 was 6.13 million metric tons, corresponding to 39% of world consumption of all elastomers.
- Example sentences
- They are based on nitro cellulose or polyvinyl acetate, normally elastomeric products, dispersed in solvent.
- Nonwoven fabric made with multicomponent polymeric strands including a blend of polyolefin and elastomeric thermoplastic material
- Thus, the elastomeric properties come and go with changes in temperature.
Definition of elastomer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.