- Hard physical work, especially vigorous polishing or cleaning: you should be able to get the rust off with a wire brush and elbow greaseMore example sentences
- But hours of hard work and elbow grease transformed the shack into a bright, clean and well-stocked shop.
- With some hard work and elbow grease, the building was cleaned, painted, and filled with many shelves of books.
- Then, as if passing through some kind of barrier, there's nothing quite so important as the lavish application of elbow grease until my small kingdom is bright and sparkly again.
More definitions of elbow greaseDefinition of elbow grease in:
- The British & World English dictionary