- Weird and sinister or ghostly: an eldritch screechMore example sentences
- There was a piercing, petrifying, eldritch screech.
- The whites beneath her lowered eyes showed as she said this, and for an instant Anest felt as though he spoke, not to his wife, but to a perfect stranger, the purely eldritch creature she had once been.
- And then she joined hands with the other witch, and eldritch force sizzled through them like a river of blue lightning, and my plans changed on the spot.
early 16th century (originally Scots): perhaps related to elf.
More definitions of eldritchDefinition of eldritch in:
- The British & World English dictionary