Definition of electric eel in English:
An eellike freshwater fish of South America, using pulses of electricity to kill prey, to assist in navigation, and for defense.
- Electrophorus electricus, the only member of the family Electrophoridae
- Pink dolphins frolic in the waters beside meter-long giant Amazonian turtles, 400-pound pirarucus - the world's largest freshwater fish; endangered Amazonian manatees swim with black caiman and electric eels.
- An added attraction will be the ‘Aqua Show’ from Chennai with sea lions and electric eels and exotic fish.
- Describing a canoe trip through the remote Napo River system in Ecuador, she notes that: Piranha fish live in the lakes, and electric eels.
Definition of electric eel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan