- A guitar with a built-in pickup or pickups that convert string vibrations into electrical signals for amplification.More example sentences
- Twelve women played electric guitars and five sampled the sound of the guitars and transformed it on laptops.
- ‘He's Mine’ is a model country-rock number with electric guitars and steady percussion offset by country harmonies and pedal steel.
- The verse trips you up with the syncopated rhythm played to dark electric guitars, contrasting completely with the melody happily sailing away on flurrying strings for the chorus.
More definitions of electric guitarDefinition of electric guitar in:
- The British & World English dictionary