- Cautery using a needle or other instrument that is electrically heated.More example sentences
- I am a new perioperative nurse who would like to know the difference between electrocautery and electrosurgery.
- Nonetheless, other therapeutic modalities, such as cryotherapy or electrocautery, could be equally as effective as laser therapy for the treatment of endoluminal lesions.
- As used here, the term ‘diathermy’ does not include electrocautery and electrosurgical devices or ultrasonic imaging devices.
More definitions of electrocauteryDefinition of electrocautery in:
- The British & World English dictionary