- A difference in potential that tends to give rise to an electric current.More example sentences
- The inductance of the loop is going to resist the change in magnetic field within it and an emf will be generated.
- One can view such structures as miniature circuits: A time-varying magnetic field induces an electromotive force in the plane of the element, driving currents within the conductor.
- When this happens electrons move an electromotive force such as voltage, and in hitting these atoms, also create heat via friction of the electrons and atoms.
More definitions of electromotive forceDefinition of electromotive force in:
- The British & World English dictionary