- A device for focusing a stream of electrons by means of electric or magnetic fields.More example sentences
- An electron lens is used for focusing electrons from a cathode to an anode.
- Ruska knew that electrons could be manipulated within a magnetic field, and in the late 1920s, he designed a magnetic coil that acted as an electron lens.
- The technology, called aberration correction, fixes imperfections on the microscope's electron lenses.
More definitions of electron lensDefinition of electron lens in:
- The British & World English dictionary