- Symbols or other data in digital form attached to an electronically transmitted document as verification of the sender’s intent to sign the document: the new rules will make electronic signatures acceptable and speed up the application process See also digital signature.More example sentences
- The system is so secure that Congress used it last year to attach electronic signatures to a bill that was then sent to President Clinton via email.
- The Electronic Transactions Act provides that an electronic signature has the same valid, binding and legal effect as a handwritten signature.
- Even typing your name at the end of an e-mail may be deemed an electronic signature.
More definitions of electronic signatureDefinition of electronic signature in:
- The British & World English dictionary