Definition of electronics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
1The branch of physics and technology concerned with the design of circuits using transistors and microchips, and with the behavior and movement of electrons in a semiconductor, conductor, vacuum, or gas: electronics is seen as a growth industry [as modifier]: electronics engineers
More example sentences
- James achieved A grades in maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and electronics.
- Three electronics engineers were hired when the assembly line was purchased.
- Michael John Smith led an unremarkable life as an electronics engineer.
1.1 [treated as plural] Circuits or devices using transistors, microchips, and other components.
- In the run up to Christmas, the company stockpiled toys and electronics - so that it could meet demand.
- Indonesian workers are not yet familiar with computers and electronics.
- Even when it is manufacturable, there is still packaging work needed for the back-end electronics.
Definition of electronics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan