Definition of electrosurgery in English:
Surgery using a high-frequency electric current to heat and so cut tissue with great precision.
- The purposes of electrosurgery are to destroy benign and malignant lesions, control bleeding, and cut or excise tissue.
- Our electrosurgery unit creates a controllable low power electrical current between an electrode and a plate held against the skin.
- Example sentences
- Although removal of the lesions is preferable, treatment of human papilloma virus infections may include cryotherapy, loop electrosurgical excision procedure, laser surgery, and drug therapy.
- Perioperative managers should consider making the use of smoke evacuation devices mandatory whenever electrosurgical / diathermy units are in use.
- Agreement was about the same for tissue specimens whether they were obtained through punch biopsies or loop electrosurgical excision procedures.
Definition of electrosurgery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan