verb[with object] (often as noun electrotyping)
- Make a copy of (something) by the electrolytic deposition of copper on a mold.More example sentences
- Electrotyping is an application of the art of electroplating to typography, used for making duplicate plates for relief printing.
- Standing newspaper matter may be stereotyped -- unless it contains cuts, when it should be electrotyped -- but should be cast on metal base to avoid shrinking and swelling.
nounBack to top
- A copy made by electrotyping.More example sentences
- Circulars, flyers, bill-heads, letter heads, cards, and labels may be either electrotyped or stereotyped on wood base, the electrotype being the more durable, and especially desirable where fancy type or ornaments are used.
- While the detail of an electrotype can be excellent, the edge will usually give it away.
More definitions of electrotypeDefinition of electrotype in:
- The British & World English dictionary