Definition of elegancy in English:
1Graceful and stylish appearance or manner; elegance.
- The second was green and almost see-through, its fragile elegancy disturbed only by a shallow circular hole on one side.
- We got inside the red-carpeted resort, full of elegancy and expense.
- Our vision was to create for our guests a place of inspiration, ‘a home away from home’, combining elegancy, individuality, pleasure and comfort.
2Something that is elegant: I do hope you will study a little of the proprieties and elegancies of life
More example sentences
- Perhaps it was not fair to expect him to feel how very much he was her inferior in talent, and all the elegancies of mind.
- The gentlewoman's primary appeal over time came to rest on the ‘elegancies of her person’, and as with any ‘gentlewoman’ in ‘semi-civilized’ society, woe betide her if she should step outside her ‘department.’
- With many it is a curious fancy, to dress Easter-eggs in elegant forms and keep as toilet elegancies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan