- The stylistic fault of studiedly finding different ways to denote the same thing in a piece of writing, merely to avoid repetition.More example sentences
- I substituted ‘the author’ for ‘she,’ not for the sake of elegant variation, but rather to help me come closer to the target of 1,000 words that the book review editor gave me.
- The existence of parallel strings or progressions is the condition that permits elegant variation in descriptions of enchained events.
- This false grace of elegant variation causes confusion because badly chosen synonyms distort the real meaning.
More definitions of elegant variationDefinition of elegant variation in:
- The British & World English dictionary