- Write in a wistfully mournful way about someone or something.More example sentences
- Aerial shots of suburban homes and snow-tired pickups paid for with postwar Spam elegize what's soon to be lost.
- He makes veiled allusions to Christianity as well as to Chaldaean theurgy, and elegizes over the silence of the oracles.
- Her son, Major Robert Gregory, he elegized as embodiment of the artist as man of action.
- More example sentences
- The history of pastoral elegy reveals a faith in the performative value of the poet's utterance that motivates prior elegists to sing.
- Although all of the pastoral elegists know the conventions established by their forefathers and follow them with precision, each must pretend at the beginning that he does not know the end.
- The interwoven connections between the family, the Duke of Buckingham and his various elegists, for example, are particularly persuasively presented.
More definitions of elegizeDefinition of elegize in:
- The British & World English dictionary