Definition of elephant grass in English:
A tall robust tropical African grass that is used for fodder and paper. Also called napier grass.
- Pennisetum purpureum, family Gramineae
- Power can also be generated from biomass energy crops such as fast-growing willow, poplar and elephant grass planted as an alternative to food crops.
- The exhibition includes a South African ficus, a tamarind with pods, elephant grass from Africa, cherry, bougainvillaea, fig, Accacia and trees collected from forests.
- The grave sites may be overgrown with tall, dry elephant grass, which is burned away, creating an Armageddon-like atmosphere.
Definition of elephant grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.