- 1The advocacy or existence of an elite as a dominating element in a system or society.More example sentences
- But the elitism and the populism in this claim are less far apart than they might seem.
- The spirit of American democracy is opposed to elitism.
- It is also expected to speed up the reform of a judiciary that is dominated by elitism and conservatism.
- 1.1The attitude or behavior of a person or group who regard themselves as belonging to an elite: he accused her of racism and white elitismMore example sentences
- The elitism often associated with opera seems to have become more pronounced in the last hundred years, with ticket prices being a possible contributory factor.
- If this is the case, then the future for the modern idea of the university and its associated elitism looks bleak.
- It is clear that your hate is founded in your arrogant elitism and your rank racism… I love you liberals… or is it communists?
More definitions of elitismDefinition of elitism in:
- The British & World English dictionary