- Of, relating to, or having the form of an ellipse.More example sentences
- Lechea minor can be easily distinguished from that species by its stems more than 5 cm tall, ovate to elliptic leaves and ovoid capsules.
- Curves (such as the trigonometric polynomials of elliptic Fourier analysis) may be fit to such an outline, and then compared through statistical analysis of their parameters.
- The theorem holds in spherical and elliptic geometry.
early 18th century: from Greek elleiptikos 'defective', from elleipein 'leave out, fall short'.
More definitions of ellipticDefinition of elliptic in:
- The British & World English dictionary