- A fluid used to elute a substance.More example sentences
- The eluent was 20 mM sodium acetate / 10 mM citric acid buffer containing 10% methanol.
- The eluent was 50 mM potassium phosphate buffer, pH 5.5, containing 1% methanol.
- The initial eluent was 2.5% water in acetonitrile for 4 min, followed by a slightly concave gradient reaching 25% water at 12 min.
1940s: from Latin eluent- 'washing out', from the verb eluere (see elute).
More definitions of eluantDefinition of eluant in:
- The British & World English dictionary