Steal or misappropriate (money placed in one’s trust or belonging to the organization for which one works): she had embezzled $5,600,000 in company funds
More example sentences
- That seems to assume that if a solicitor's clerk embezzles money from the trust account, he is not defrauding his employer.
- If not closely monitored, they will embezzle aid money and misappropriate resources provided by the coalition.
- There was a case of fraud by a council official involved with the social work department, who was prosecuted for embezzling money, but this had nothing to do with the funding of Third Age.
- Example sentences
- The question must be asked: Should one of the main architects of the Balkan wars go down in history as a convicted embezzler or a convicted war criminal?
- All criminals, I suppose, in one sense, are a danger to the community - embezzlers just as much as child molesters.
- This problem appears to demonstrate intent to manipulate elections, and was installed in the program under the watch of a programmer who is a convicted embezzler.
Words that rhyme with embezzlebezel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.